Pray for Your Church
Prayer is of the utmost importance! We must be on our knees daily before God Almighty, bowing before Him with obedient hearts, interceding for ourselves, our loved ones, our communities, our church (the Body of Christ), our nation, and the world.
Churches are suffering. Some suffer persecution in their righteousness. Some suffer from lack of knowledge and wrong teaching, moving away from God’s Word and falsely interpreting. Lord, forgive us, teach us, move us by Your Holy Spirit to do what is right in Your Eyes. Humble our hearts, and may we bow before You, our Living Word and Savior.
Here are some ways we can pray for our church:
- May God give unto us the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: the eyes of our understanding being enlightened; that we may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power (Ephesians 1.17-19)
- God put a hedge of protection around our church and its people, protect from division and evil
- May God count us worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in us, and us in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 1.11, 12)
- May we be deeply rooted in God’s Word, daily reading and meditating upon His Scripture. Lord, create a gnawing hunger in us for Your Word.
- May families have a deep trust in God’s ways and His Word, firmly believing what God tells us. May we ever fully obey Him.
- May we train up our children, and parent unto salvation, providing Godly examples with joy
- May husbands and wives be faithful and true to God; and therefore faithful and true one to another
- May we edify one another in the Spirit
- May our church be obedient ambassadors of God in our community, rightly representing Jesus Christ, fully displaying our joy and peace
- May God bring all those He wishes to our church; may He give them special promptings and grace to attend
- May we be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that we might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1.9-12)
- May our church people welcome and embrace one another – those we know, and visitors
- God prepare the hearts of all who attend services, meetings, and group events. Especially anoint the preacher / teacher; prepare the hearts of the listeners so that Your Word penetrates deep into our hearts and changes our lives.
- God loves a cheerful giver. May we give generously from the abundance God gives us: in time, love, material resources, from hearts filled with the Holy Spirit.
- May our worship together reflect the moving of God’s Holy Spirit.
- May our singing and our prayers come from hearts of true worship and praise.
- May we ever worship and work in a spirit of unity and cooperation. We serve One Lord: One Spirit lives and moves and has His Being in all of us.
- May the Lord prepare the hearts of those whom He calls for special leadership. Lord, call your workers, for the harvest is plenteous
- Because we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2.10), may we be tuned to God’s guidance and direction as we have our conversation and daily walk.
- May we fellowship in the ministering to the saints (2 Corinthians 8.4); fellowship in the gospel (Philippians 1.7); fellowship in the Spirit (Philippians 2.1); and fellowship in His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death (Philippians 3.10).
- God has given us, individually, unique and valuable gifts. We are each precious in His sight. As we learn our gifts, may we desire to use them to serve God and, by serving Him, serve one another, thus functioning as His Body
- May we praise God and garner favor with all the people; and may the Lord add to our church daily those who are being saved (Acts 2.47).
- May we have a heart for missions, praying and giving to the need.
- May we be a lighthouse in our community, a beacon of hope
- We give the running of the building, and the business of monetary and work operations into God’s hands. May we be faithful stewards in handling the gifts He provides. Our building and grounds are God’s; we ask His protection, His wisdom in maintaining, and His provision in caring for physical structures.
- May we ever give thanks and show appreciation to those who work to serve
- May we humble ourselves under the mighty Hand of God, confessing our sins and repenting of our fleshly ways. May we speak, honor and obey God alone.
- May we be ever forgiving one to another, lest Satan should get an advantage of us; may we not be ignorant of his devices (2 Corinthians 2.10, 11)
- Prepare us for persecution: may we be hiding God’s Word in our hearts, memorizing and rightly dividing the Word of Truth, ready to give an answer as God provides
- May we live in an attitude of holiness
- May we ever give God blessing and glory and wisdom, and thanksgiving and honor and power and might (Revelations 7.12)