In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters…
Genesis 1.1, 2
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling.
Reunion Church Statement of Faith
As a formal announcement of what we believe at Reunion Church, and for the purpose that those inquiring about membership may know what we believe, we do hereby declare the following statements:
It must be understood that all of our convictions are based upon the Holy Bible, which we profess to be the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3.16) that was faithfully transmitted to holy men of God without their personal assistance (2 Peter 1.19-21). With this being our foundation, we state a short but important list of convictions at Reunion Church.
- We believe in a literal six day creation without any gap of time between God starting His creation and finishing His creation (Genesis 1.1-31).
- We believe in one God Who as a Spirit (John 4.24) has revealed Himself in three: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matthew 28.19).
- We believe that all human beings have sinned and are accountable to God for their sin. With this being the case of all humanity, we believe that all need deliverance from personal sin (Romans 3.23, Hebrews 9.27-28).
- We believe that there is salvation from sin only by repentance toward God and faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and that there is no other means to eternal life other than Jesus Christ (Acts 2.37, 38, 1 Corinthians 15.1-4, John 14.6).
- We believe that upon receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the new Christian believer, in obedience to God, must publicly declare their salvation from sin in water baptism (Matthew 28.19; Mark 16.15,16; Acts 8.35-38).
- We believe that as Jesus Christ came to Earth the first time to save mankind from sin, He will return a second time to take unto Himself the children of God and judge the lost. There will be a resurrection of both the saved and unsaved: the saved to eternal life, and the lost to eternal punishment (Acts 1.9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4.15-18; 2 Thessalonians 2.1; Matthew 25.31-46; Revelation 20.11-15).
- We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman until death separates the union (Genesis 2.18-25). It is also the belief of Reunion Church that outside of death separating the God-sanctioned marriage of one man and one woman, the only other thing that can break the holy bond of marriage is unfaithfulness in marriage without repentance (Matthew 19.3-9; Matthew 5.31, 32). We confess that any marriage/union outside of the marriage between one man and one woman (e.g., homosexual, lesbian, or transgender relationships) are not acceptable to God and therefore not acceptable to Reunion Church (Romans 1.26-27; 1 Corinthians 6.9). We also believe that within the marriage of one man and one woman, sexual interaction is blessed by God and considered pure in God’s eyes (Psalm 127.3; Hebrews 13.4). It is also the belief of Reunion Church that to hate in deed or word those that are engaged in unlawful relationships as stated above in point 7 is unacceptable to God and will not be tolerated at Reunion Church. It is our conviction to love them in action and word so that they will come to the understanding of God’s Word regarding marriage/union.
- We confess that there is one body of Jesus Christ worldwide, and that at Reunion Church, we as individual believers are a part of that worldwide body (Ephesians 4.4).
- We believe that there is one Holy Spirit at work in the heart of God’s children who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ: encouraging, convicting, interceding, and leading. This same Holy Spirit is convicting the unsaved to come to repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 8.26, 27; John 16.8-13).
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
2 Timothy 3.16
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because they do not believe in Me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see Me; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world has been condemned.
I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it.
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.